Last updated: 11/7/2020
Please check back often – this page may change often as we figure out what we’re doing.
- Books are accepted 11:30am-5:30pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.
- Please only bring us two medium-sized bags or boxes at a time.
- If you are making a donation, wonderful! We will still need to go through them, and limit the books we take to those we can use in the store, but we greatly appreciate your support!
- If you are looking to trade your books for store credit, also wonderful! We will go through your books while you wait, and figure out which books we can accept, and how much store credit you will receive. Rough guide for store credit granted is $1 for small mass market paperbacks, $2 for large paperbacks, and $3 for hardcovers (generally half those amounts for kids books, and it will vary depending on the resaleability of the books).
- We do not accept books with writing and/or highlighting in them, ex-library books, hardcover books missing their dustjacket, etc. Books do need to be in good condition (gently loved is okay). The list below is a more detailed outline of the types of books we’re generally looking for, and books we cannot use. It is subject to change, as we figure out what works in the store, so please check back before bringing in more books!
- If you want to donate/sell us a book that does not appear on the list, check with us! It may be something we can use, while not being something we’re specifically looking for in large quantities. This list is just books we definitely want more of, and books we definitely don’t need.
WE USUALLY NEED THESE TYPES OF BOOKS (although we can’t use every book):
- Classic literature (including Children’s/YA)
- History (all history is great!)
- Local interest (VA and DC)
- Prize-winning titles
- Vintage (pre-1961) fiction paperbacks
WE GENERALLY CAN’T USE:
- Audiobooks on tape/CDs, music CDs, DVDs (although we do currently have some for sale, we are not looking to expand at present)
- Computer program/application books
- Cookbooks (we’re drowning in them right now, but will take them in the future)
- Diet books
- Large print books
- Political memoirs
- Reader’s Digest Condensed books